Bilingual Senior Refund Administrator
CL5 Clerk 5
Taxation Administration, Taxation
Advertisement Number: 36896
Salary(s): CL5 $48,853.00 – $56,645.00 per year
Closing Date: January 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
The Taxation Division is a division of Manitoba Finance. On behalf of the government of Manitoba, the Taxation Division administers taxation legislation through information, compliance, audit and enforcement programs.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Enrollment in Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Preparatory Courses level or suitable combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience reviewing applications and documentation for compliance with policies, procedures, legislation or regulations
- Experience interpreting, explaining and applying policies, legislation or regulations
- Experience providing customer service to the public by phone and in person in a professional manner
- Ability to perform work with high accuracy and perform complex mathematical calculations
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a multi-tasked team environment
- Strong verbal communication skills in French
- Strong written communication skills in French
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- Strong written communication skills in English
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the tax statutes administered by the Taxation Division, including the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
Reporting to the Refund Supervisor, the Bilingual Senior Refund Administrator is responsible for verifying and processing refund applications under the tax statutes administered by the Taxation Division. The Bilingual Senior Refund Administrator is responsible for the most complex and sensitive refund applications, analysing applications that require senior delegation and financial authority.
Advertisement # 36896
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source