Bilingual Tax Information Officer
CI2 Compliance Officer 2
Management & Research, Taxation
Advertisement Number: 36637
Salary(s): CI2 $48,020.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: December 27, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
The Bilingual Tax Information Officer position is classified at the Compliance Officer (CI2) level. In order to be appointed to the full working (CI2) level, the incumbent is required to complete a developmental plan. Duration of the developmental plan will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and will be discussed prior to commencement.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the Taxation Division website to obtain a general knowledge of the taxes administered by the Division at https://www.gov.mb.ca/finance/taxation/index.html
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers licence and be able to provide own transportation for ground travel within Manitoba.
- Experience advising the public and providing interpretation of policies, regulations and/or legislation.
- Analytical skills with experience analyzing financial information and documents.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to tactfully interact with clients.
- Experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Written communication skills with experience creating correspondence in English and French.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical information clearly and concisely in English and French.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of various types of business structures, including partnerships, sole proprietorships, and corporations.
- Completion of, or current enrolment in, a post-secondary accounting program. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Bilingual Tax Information Officer provides tax information and interpretation to internal and external clients (Taxation Division staff, vendors, purchasers, licence holders, taxpayers, and other individuals and organizations) by telephone, in person or through written correspondence on the taxation statutes and programs administered by the Taxation Division in English and French. The Bilingual Tax Information Officer undertakes research projects and conducts limited reviews and reconciliations of vendors’ accounting and other records. The Officer also provides help desk support on the Taxation Division’s web application (TAXcess) and assists taxpayers over the phone and in person to complete forms and applications In French and English. Travel within Manitoba may be required to provide offsite information sessions and/or workshops in English and French.
Advertisement # 36637
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source