Bilingual Vocational Counsellor
SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Economic Development & Jobs
Skills and Employment Partnerships, Advanced Education and Skills
Advertisement Number: 37010
Salary(s): SP4 $56,040.00 – $77,714.00 per year
Closing Date: May 2, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition will be used to fill one Bilingual position in Winnipeg and to create an eligibility list for future Term/Regular vacancies in Winnipeg, Selkirk, Portage La Prairie, Steinbach, Brandon and Swan River.
This position provides services in compliance with provincial program policies and standards and is responsible for vocational case management and service coordination related to supporting program participants to develop realistic and achievable employment goals. Each position has responsibility for an assigned caseload of participants and coordinates a range of vocational services as well as providing case management. The vocational counsellor has the authority to provide employment and financial supports to participants with the goal of achieving greater independence. This position works closely with other agencies and educational institutions in support of program participants.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English and French
- Must provide a satisfactory Child Abuse and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search included)
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle to travel for work purposes
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Post secondary degree in Social Sciences (preferably BSW). Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Case management experience including referral and intakes, performing comprehensive assessments, establishing interventions, service planning, service coordination, counselling, monitoring and evaluation in a social service setting
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities and their families in the provision of a range of services that meet family, health, social and employment needs
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a complex work environment with competing demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact sensitively, respectfully and in a non-judgmental manner
- Excellent verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate with various levels of staff and the public especially people from diverse backgrounds or socially disadvantaged
- Excellent written communications skills including experience in writing formal documents such as letters and or reports
- Excellent verbal communication skills in French
- Excellent written communication skills in French.
- Knowledge of the mandate and services of Employability Assistance for People with Disabilities (formally marketAbilities)
Reporting to the Employability Assistance for People with Disabilities (EAPD) Provincial Program Manager, the Vocational Counsellor is accountable for the provision, case management and program delivery of services to eligible persons with disabilities including mental, psychiatric and learning disabilities.
Advertisement # 37010
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source