Bituminous Mix Technician
EA4 Engineering Aid 4
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Infrastructure and Transportation, Engineering & Operations/Highway Engineering
Advertisement Number: 40089
Salary(s): EA4 $53,364.00 – $63,694.00 per year
Closing Date: December 11, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Winnipeg Central Lab within Construction Support Services provides specialized technical and engineering related analysis of various associated construction and maintenance materials for engineering design and quality control purposes and for ensuring compliance with Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure (MTI) specifications and industry standards.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Completion of a Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or completion of Transportation and Infrastructure’s Department Level 3 training courses. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience directly related to bituminous materials testing and mix designs.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to generate records and reports.
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety, Health and Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Supervisory experience.
The Materials Analysis Technician (Bituminous Mix) provides specialized technical and engineering related analysis of various associated construction and maintenance materials for engineering design and quality control purposes and for ensuring compliance with Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure (MTI) specifications and industry standards. The Materials Analysis Technician (Bituminous Mix) reports to the Senior Materials Technologist or Central/Mobile Labs Manager and has supervisory responsibility for subordinate staff operating within the Winnipeg Central Lab’s Aggregate, Bituminous, Concrete or Soils sections. The Materials Analysis Technician (Bituminous Mix) is responsible for independent decisions related to daily operations and for ensuring that department standards, specifications, policies, procedures, Workplace Safety, and Health Acts are followed.
Advertisement # 40089
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source