This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
MT2 Building Superintendent 2
with possibility of regular based on approval
Department of Families
Property Services, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 375
Salary(s): MT2 $33,204.00 – $37,211.00 per year
Closing Date: September 23, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a current & satisfactory Criminal Records Check with a vulnerable sector search
- A valid Class 5F Manitoba Drivers’ Licence and the ability to provide your own transportation and travel within Winnipeg
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically capable to perform the duties related to the position such as but not limited to snow clearing, grounds maintenance and standing and walking for long periods of time
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to provide superior customer service to a diverse and multicultural tenant group
- Experience with minor plumbing repair, i.e.. changing taps, investigating the source of water leaks, toilet repairs, etc.
- Experience performing minor household repairs i.e. changing door hardware, changing and repairing screens, repairing handrails, caulking, etc.
- Ability to perform grounds maintenance and use landscaping machinery. i.e. cut grass with a lawnmower, shovel snow
- Ability to clean and disinfect common areas in a commercial environment i.e. front entrance, public washrooms, sweeping, mopping
- Ability to prioritize workloads with competing deadlines
- Verbal communication skills
- Ability to changes filters on HVAC systems, conduct visual inspections of generators and heating systems, and trouble shooting no power or heat call
The successful candidate will report to the Property Manager, or delegate; and carry out common area building cleaning and disinfecting, grounds maintenance and minor maintenance repairs. The incumbent will have onsite contact with tenants during working hours. Typical maintenance duties will include responding to general maintenance repairs in the building and tenant units such as changing faucets, installing handrails and minor appliance repairs; the incumbent will attend to and report maintenance emergencies, conduct unit, and property inspections. Typical cleaning duties include sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping hallways, cleaning windows, common areas, site offices and common area washrooms. Typical grounds maintenance includes grass cutting, weed removal, pruning, snow clearing, litter pick up, and gardening. The incumbent will also be responsible for delivering of tenant notices, conducting routine inspections on fire safety systems and equipment and logging observations.
Advertisement # 375
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source