BA2 Business Analyst
Department of Central Services
SAP Support Services, Asset Management
Advertisement Number: 36505
Salary(s): BA2 $62,054.00 – $78,168.00 per year
Closing Date: October 5, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated Business Analyst to work with Asset Management, located at 200-400 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long-term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Central Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and the ability to travel to various locations within the Province
- Diploma or certificate in business analysis, operations or a related field. A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with SAP Production, SharePoint and database management (or related experience working with similar software applications.)
- Experience managing and creating databases and data analytics, including maintaining data integrity, collecting, arranging, classifying and analyzing data or information within the system.
- Experience in coaching, training and teaching adults, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to organize and analyze information, develop business solutions and provide sound recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve to objectively manage and provide solutions to business situations.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and manage change within a work environment.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Written communication skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Organizational skills with the ability to plan and follow up on priorities.
- Experience working with Real Estate management, building and facility management and/or project management.
Reporting to the Manager of SAP Support Services, the Business Analyst, is a member of a team responsible for providing SAP support services for four SAP modules (Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, Materials Management and Real Estate) and other automated systems for Asset Management and Central Capital. The duties include a variety of projects related to master data administration, break / fix analysis, testing, reporting, analysis, training delivery and documentation, quality assurance, and business process design / redesign, in order to become more efficient and effective stewards of the government’s portfolio of real estate objects and information management systems. This position is the critical link between Asset Management’s need to record and report on daily work, the facilitation of SAP modules, and other applications or systems within the Division. This position is responsible for using technical expertise and training prowess to shape user understanding, balancing adaptability of the business / process flow with the available resources to make changes and adherence to fundamental control principles, within a larger conceptual system and technology design.
Advertisement # 36505
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source