Business Continuity Planning Coordinator (BCPC)
PM3 Planning Program Analyst 3 (PM3)
Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 36956
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: December 29, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 36956 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- A valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence and ability to travel as required
- Post secondary education in a related field (e.g. Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration, Project Management) or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience in Business Continuity Planning or Emergency Response Plans may be considered
- Experience researching, evaluating and developing programs
- Experience leading and managing projects
- Experience developing and delivering presentations and training
- Knowledge of related federal/provincial legislation, regulations, guidelines and recognized Business Continuity Planning principles
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage in working relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and colleagues, using tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to work within a team, as a team member and leader
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines in a high pressure, fast paced, change driven environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
The Business Continuity Planning Coordinator is accountable for the facilitation, management, and development of departmental business continuity plans, to design and conduct disaster recovery/business continuity exercises while ensuring emergency response plans are in place providing for appropriate levels of emergency response. The incumbent will work with each of the Divisions and relevant program managers in the development of the plans including operational risk assessments and priority based recommendations for mitigation to Executive Management Committee in relation to a Departmental business continuity response.
Advertisement # 36956
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source