Business Process and Operations Analyst
Regulatory Accountability Secretariat , Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 40127
Salary(s): AAN $62,773.00 – $79,019.00 per year
Closing Date: November 25, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form and your resume. The selection board may only rely on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, and references or other documentation will be requested at a later point if invited for further consideration.
**Please note that applications sent through the “Apply Now” feature below will NOT be accepted for this competition**. Please only apply using the Application Screening Form link above.
The Regulatory Accountability Secretariat (RAS) provides analytical and decision-making support to the Statutes and Regulations Review Board, which is a subcommittee of Cabinet, and leads and co-ordinates the monitoring, analysis and measurement of government regulatory requirements to minimize administrative burdens on external stakeholders. RAS also provides coaching and training for government departments and agencies, and develops and implements new processes and tools to improve the analysis, development and reporting of statutes, regulations, policies and forms. RAS operates and oversees the Regulatory Accountability Database, the Manitoba Regulatory Consultation Portal (http://reg.gov.mb.ca) and the Manitoba Forms and Policies Portal (https://residents.gov.mb.ca/forms.html), which receive technical support from external vendors.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary degree with extensive experience and skills relevant to this position required, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and skills may be considered
- Extensive experience in analyzing, organizing and managing data and information
- Experience working with and overseeing the business operations of a central information system or other type of enterprise software application or platform
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage non-routine issues
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, meet tight deadlines, and manage a high workload environment
- Experience identifying, developing and analyzing business processes and workflows, and business requirements.
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with all levels of staff and external vendors and suppliers
- Extensive experience working with Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and TEAMS
- Experience providing front-line client support such as help desk support
- Experience in skills coaching, training or change management activities within a work environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Visio or other visualization/diagram software
The Business Process and Operations Analyst provides: information system operations, oversight and business support for the Regulatory Accountability Database, Regulatory Consultation Portal, and Forms and Policies Portal; advanced information and data analysis and management; business and operations analysis, including workflow and business process development and management, and preparation and analysis of business requirements; client support; and document preparation and reporting functions.
Advertisement # 40127
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
***Please note that applications sent through the “Apply Now” feature below will NOT be accepted for this competition***. Please only apply using the Application Screening Form link above.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source