Business Solutions Analyst
BA2 Business Analyst 2
Department of Families
Social Innovation Office, Corporate Services Division
Advertisement Number: 38018
Salary(s): BA2 $62,054.00 – $78,168.00 per year
Closing Date: August 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
A 12-month eligibility list may be created from this competition for similar regular, term, full-time or part-time positions.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied
The Social Innovation Office acts as an intermediary, designed to build the capacity of the sector to maximize resources and impact through social innovation and social finance tools. In this role, the SIO fosters new ways of solving complex social and environmental problems that are measurable and scalable. The SIO also acts in a consultancy role to departments across government, supporting innovative business solutions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have satisfactory criminal records check with vulnerable sector search, adult abuse registry check and child abuse registry check
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Multi-Media Design or similar concentration or a related field, or comparable combination of education and experience
- Experience in analyzing business processes and business requirements, including identification of business problems and innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate a variety of internal and external stakeholder group sessions and work within an interdisciplinary team
- Experience developing and leading the user experience process that included the use of a variety of user experience tools (e.g. personas, customer journey maps)
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer systems, coding, and network administration and hardware and software maintenance
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to create and develop business cases in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with change management, specifically with business process changes and modelling
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and word processing software packages. With advanced skills in excel
- Experience using Whiteboard solutions (e.g. Miro) and Data Visualization Tools (e.g. Power BI)
Reporting to the Manager of the Social Innovation Office, the Business Solutions Analyst is responsible for planning, assessing, designing, and evaluating all program requirements and business process for the SIO as well as in this consulting role for partner departments. The BSA plans, assesses, designs, communicates and validates all business processes for the SIO. The BSA spends a significant portion of their time working with partner departments to identify innovative business solutions that enable the partner department to quickly achieve success in complex, often cross-departmental projects.
Working within an interdisciplinary team, the BSA is expected to be proficient at identifying and designing business solutions with a focus on user experience (UX) and human-computer interaction /user interface (UI). The BSA conducts user research and develops prototypes based on this research as well as conducting testing of the prototypes. The BSA is also proficient at utilizing technology tools (e.g. Miro, various collaboration tools and prototyping software) to facilitate large group sessions using social innovation strategies designed to build consensus and overall positive team functioning.
Advertisement # 38018
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source