P8 Professional Officer 8
Office of the Clerk of Executive Council
Advertisement Number: 2907
Closing Date: September 23, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Executive Council Office is responsible for ensuring Cabinet is equipped with the advice necessary for effective decision-making, and that the public service effectively executes on government’s priorities.
As a member of the Executive Council Cabinet Operations team, the Strategic Analyst is responsible for providing advice and support to the Director and the Clerk of the Executive Council and Cabinet Secretary with a focus on ensuring excellence in Cabinet system administration, which includes planning, quality assurance, and execution responsibilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Successfully complete a security check
- University degree in politics studies, public administration, or a related field and several years of related experience.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to lead others through influence rather than direct authority.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare brief, concise and accurate briefing materials that distill complex issues for decision-makers.
- Experience in policy development with strong analytical skills including the ability to apply a systems/whole of government lens to analysis
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Project management skills, with an emphasis on advancing multiple priorities with immovable deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Analyses departmental submissions and presentations to Cabinet and Cabinet Committees to ensure they are timely and sequenced, strategic, aligned, and coordinated across multiple departments where appropriate.
- Provides written and verbal advice and recommendations to the Secretaries of Cabinet Committees (SCC) and senior political staff to inform the setting of committee agendas.
- Prepares written briefing materials to support the Clerk and Premier in their preparation for Cabinet Meetings.
- Builds and manages relationships with Minister and Deputy Minister’s Offices and senior public servants.
- Monitors the development of major policy items across departments and central agencies including their advancement through Deputy Minister committees and Cabinet committees to inform medium-term Cabinet agenda planning and coordination.
- Develops policies and standards related to Cabinet operation that apply across the entire public service.
- Communicates decisions and key information from Cabinet meetings to Deputy Ministers to ensure timely execution or follow up.
Advertisement # 2907
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source