Career Development Consultant (Developmental Opportunity) (AMENDED CLOSING DATE)
AO1 Administrative Officer 1; AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Economic Development & Jobs
Western and Northern Manitoba Service Area, Workforce Training and Employment
Flin Flon MB, The Pas MB, Thompson MB
Advertisement Number: 37855
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.; AO2 $54,318.00 – $65,118.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: August 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Northern Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Candidates must identify which work location they wish to be considered for in their application.
Are you someone who is passionate about helping others, providing great customer service to the public and making a meaningful impact in your community? We’re looking for motivated individuals who believe in continuous learning to join our team! If you’re interested in a fulfilling career with the Manitoba Government, this could be the position for you!
This is a developmental opportunity; candidates will be hired at a developmental level with mentorship and training for career growth to the full working level. Candidates who don’t meet the full qualifications as outlined in the job advertisement are still encouraged to apply, and may be considered for an underfill opportunity. If you`re interested in applying and have questions, please call 204-627-8196 or email email@example.com.
Northern Manitoba offers ample career and lifestyle opportunities for any individual who enjoys the outdoors and working in an ever-changing environment. The employer provides part time flexibility to work from home and supports work life balance as well as regional travel opportunities. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License within one year of hire date
- Must be able to travel to remote communities utilizing various methods of transportation including but not limited to small plane, ferry, ice roads, etc.
- Must be able to travel including evenings and overnight stay as required.
- Experience providing customer service to internal or external clients.
- The ability to provide coaching and mentoring services to diverse clientele.
- Sound mathematical skills, with general knowledge of accounting principles and financial reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, external organizations, and members of the public.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- The ability to respectfully discuss and engage with challenging clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) or similar tools.
- Working towards obtaining, or completion of, education at the post-secondary level. This may include a degree, diploma or certificate in a related field such as Career Development Practitioner Certificate, Business Administration, Counselling, and/or Social Sciences. Other education/training and relevant client service experience will be considered.
The Career Development Consultant assesses clients’ needs, assists clients to develop realistic training and employment plans and provides client supports towards success. The Consultant assesses both solicited and unsolicited proposals, develops and monitors contracts with third parties towards employment. This role supports community partners and employers to meet labour market needs. A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 37855
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source