34 weeks, April – November
Department of Conservation and Climate
Parks, Parks and Resource Protection
Turtle Mountain MB
Advertisement Number: 37508
Salary(s): MM2 $2,034.40 – $2,326.40 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Manitoba Parks is seeking a qualified individual to fill a seasonal Carpenter position at Turtle Mountain Provincial Park
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license
- Must possess MB journeyman carpenter or interprovincial carpenter certification
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of position which may include, lifting heavy items, bending, reaching, standing and working in various types of outdoor conditions and confined spaces
- Must be able to work with paints, solvents or chemicals and wear personnel protective equipment as/when required
- Must be ready, willing and able to work evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and overtime as required as well as travel and work in other outlying areas within the Region
- MB journeyman carpenter or interprovincial carpenter certification with experience performing journeymen carpentry work and the use of associated journeyman tools
- Knowledge of current building practices, codes and regulations
- Experience providing material cost estimates to complete construction projects
- Experience reading blue prints and creating construction plan drawings
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to complete clear, direct and concise reports
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations
- Experience supervising staff including providing training, guidance and direction
Under the supervision of the Park Works Supervisor 3, the incumbent is responsible for performing construction and maintenance tasks as a journeyman carpenter, and provide assistance to the Park Works Supervisor, related to maintenance, operations and construction activities at a Provincial park.
Advertisement # 37508
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source