Carrier Profile Administrator
SL2 Systems Analyst 2
Permits and Approvals, Technical Services and Operations
Advertisement Number: 37561
Salary(s): SL2 $49,741.00 – $59,557.00 per year
Closing Date: May 16, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Carrier Profile System is a risk management software program that provides effective and efficient methods to measure and monitor motor carrier performance at the roadside and corporate levels.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Sciences. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in managing information systems.
- Solid conceptual, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Team building skills with commitment to create, support, and sustain an environment to enable staff to achieve results.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills with experience writing detailed reports and/or action plans.
- Experience working with motor carrier regulations and policies that involve FIPPA, HTA, National Safety Code Standards, the court process, principles of natural justice and commercial surface transportation safety practices.
- Knowledge of trucking sector regulatory issues and concerns.
Reporting to the Director, Permits & Approvals, the Administrator of the Carrier Profile System (CPS) is responsible for managing the implementation and maintenance of the carrier profile system. This involves measuring the on road performance and overall safety of commercial motor carriers that operating in Manitoba, and ensures that these carriers operate in adherence to the Motor Vehicle Transport Act (MVTA), the national Safety Code Standards (NSC), the Transportation of dangerous Goods Act (TDG), the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) and its associated regulations. The primary responsibility of this position is CPS data integrity, system stability and end user training.
Advertisement # 37561
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source