The Housekeeping Custodian is responsible for performing Custodial duties within the Event, Kitchen & Restaurant areas, as well as other related areas as required. This position will be casual relief only. Custodian may be asked to train for Early morning shifts.
Knowledge, Skills & Certifications
• Knowledge and skill in using equipment and tools necessary for cleaning.
• Understand the proper use of chemicals and various cleaning products.
• Work effectively in and around the public.
Area’s within NHC
• Emptying & cleaning of garbage and recycling bins.
• General cleaning of the Kitchen, Hespeler’s & Atrium floors using a floor scrubber.
• Washing of doors, and windows in Public areas.
• Wiping of walls in hallways, & Hespeler’s.
• Cleaning & Vacuuming of various public &/or office areas.
• Dusting, Sweeping & mopping various public areas.
• Cleaning of all public washrooms.
• Cleaning of Heritage Café floors.
• Cleaning & Vacuuming of Elevator.
• Sweeping & mopping of stairwells/staircases.
• May be asked to assist Event staff with set-up or tear down before & after events.
• Follow the weekly cleaning schedules provided.
• Pick up and clean up any messes noted in public spaces.
• Report matters as per procedure that need attention for repair to the Department Leader as quickly as possible. In cases of emergency such as water leaks these are to be reported immediately as per procedure.
May be asked to assist with the following(Depending on shift):
• Checking &/or stocking of first aid kits.
• Cleaning of Hairdresser Shop.
• Cleaning &/or sweeping of patio’s in various areas of the building.
• Shampooing of hallway rugs.
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
• Ability to organize the work day accordingly.
• Check all items on the housekeeping cart at the end of the shift and replenish as necessary, depending on shift being worked.
• In all cases where it is observed that a resident is not being treated with respect and dignity the incident must be recorded and reported to the Department Leader. In matters where the resident may be at risk report this immediately to the Manor Client Services Manager or Department Leader – in that order.
• Maintain respectful relationships with team members as well as NHC Manor residents
• Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, lift, carry and stoop.
• Required to use hands to handle objects.
• Occasionally required to do light lifting (up to 30 lbs.).
• Hazards may include, but are not limited to, falling, slipping and tripping.
• Know the procedures for handling or managing chemical injuries.
• Know the procedures to for filing any injury claims including internal reports as well as reports to WCB Manitoba.
General Requirements: 1. To act in accordance with Niverville Heritage Centre Values, Policies and Procedures at all times.
2. To attend meetings and training and development as required.
3. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
4. To carry out any reasonable and additional duties as requested.
5. To attend occasional evening meetings with committees as required. To be aware of all WHMIS guidelines.
6. To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down by the Health and Safety Act of Manitoba.
Job type: Casual
View original article here Source