PM2 Planning and Program Analyst 2
Department of Central Services
Engineering, Construction and Transportation Categories, Procurement and Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 36984
Salary(s): PM2 $59,406.00 – $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: January 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To apply to this competition you must submit an application form and current resumé.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, a defined pension plan, relocation costs as applicable, training, educational support and career development opportunities, among others. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Completion of post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or a related field. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience within procurement cycles, tendering, evaluation strategy, supplier selection, contract award, and contract management.
- Understanding of category management methodologies and processes with the ability to apply tools and approaches such as spend analysis, supply market structures and value levers.
- Strong research ability; able to gather and synthesize market, supplier, category and internal data.
- Experience with basic project management tools and techniques to plan and manage strategic procurement projects.
- Understanding of different methods of supplier relationship management and the ability to identify and implement the most appropriate approach.
- Experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to apply a process to structured negotiations.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of trade agreements and provincial legislation as it relates to public procurement.
Reporting to the Manager, Category Management, the Category Analyst conducts analytical activities, which support the development and implementation of category management strategies and procurement plans. The incumbent is also responsible for the implementation of the strategies and plans.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Advertisement # 36984
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source