PM3 Planning Program Analyst 3
Department of Central Services
Corporate and Specialty Categories, Procurement & Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 37708
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: June 12, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition candidates ARE REQUIRED to submit the Application Form for screening, along with your resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), quoting 37708 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes. Note that candidates will only be invited to an interview if they have satisfactory met the requirements stated in the Application form.
Click here to access Application Form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record
- Completion of post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or a related field or completion of a professional procurement designation. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience within procurement cycles, including tendering, evaluation strategy, supplier selection, contract award, and contract management.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques to plan and manage strategic procurement projects.
- Experience managing a large portfolio or delivery of a diverse program.
- Comprehensive understanding of category management methodologies and processes with the ability to apply tools and approaches such as spend analysis, supply market structures and value levers.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex information to make recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders in developing, strategizing, documenting and communicating project plans and/or business requirements.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders including demonstrated ability to apply a process to structured negotiations.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex issues in a highly demanding and fast paced work environment.
- Understanding of different methods of supplier relationship management and the ability to identify and implement the most appropriate approach.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of trade agreements and provincial legislation as it relates to public procurement.
Reporting to the Manager, Category Management, the Category Lead is responsible for leading the development and execution of innovative procurement category management strategies. The incumbent provides expertise on all aspects of category strategies, strategic sourcing initiatives, category management plans, and the procurement cycle. Key responsibilities include: leading and implementing category management services, including overseeing all procurement activities within responsible categories; researching, analyzing and making recommendations for best practices and performance standards, synthesizing many data points into meaningful insights and recommendations; collaborating with business partners to translate demand plans into category strategies and procurement plans; leading category analysis by developing and implementing category management strategies, including sourcing process, evaluation and negotiation; developing robust sourcing strategies based on complex research; developing and maintaining strong external relationships and partnerships with other departments and agencies across government; monitoring ongoing complex procurement projects, practices and strategies to promote standardization and process improvement across departments.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access Application Form
Advertisement # 37708
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source