CL3 Certification Analyst
Department of Education
Governance and Policy Branch Professional Certification Unit, System Performance & Accountability Division
Advertisement Number: 37560
Salary(s): CL3 $1,579.78 – $1,812.50 bi-weekly
Closing Date: June 2, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, part-time or term appointments subject to staffing approval.
The Professional Certification Unit located in Russell, Manitoba is looking for a term Certification Analyst to join our team certifying teachers in Manitoba. This position will provide services to all client requests and work with other certification analysts when analysing applicants.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education specializing in providing administrative support or business administration. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience performing administrative and/or clerical duties in an office environment.
- Experience working with the public in a customer service oriented environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and Outlook) or similar applications.
- Ability to interpret and apply statutes, regulations, policies/procedures for the purposes of approving documentation including applications and reports.
- Ability to apply sound judgement and make effective decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working within a regulatory environment.
- Experience with specialized computerized systems and/or databases.
Reporting to the Office Supervisor, the incumbent is one of four certification analyst responsible for assessing, evaluating and determining certification eligibility, salary classification and experience for teacherss. As an evaluator, the incumbent will also be part of a team providing additional services to teachers including name changes, replacement certificates, salary reclassification, specialist certificates and the processing of applications from School Divisions/Employment Authorities for Limited Teaching Permits. Certification analysts develop a detailed communication to applicants for the Program Coordinator’s signature. The successful candidate will be able to evaluate, analyze and resolve problems not clearly defined by policies and provide support for the decision. This individual must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
Advertisement # 37560
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source