Headingley Correctional Centre, Community Safety
Advertisement Number: 37260
Salary(s): CHN $2,277.23 – $2,867.38 bi-weekly
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must remain in good standing with their faith community
- Must provide evidence of endorsement as a regular minister of religion
- Satisfactory Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Records and Internal Security Check
- Master of Divinity (or equivalent from an accredited institution)
- Endorsement by an ecclesiastical authority
- Ability to interview and counsel offenders and their families
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and follow up in a multi disciplinary environment
- Knowledge of religious programs and educational activities
- Knowledge of criminal justice issues and community resources
- Clinical pastoral and intervention training/experience
- Experience working with Indigenous people and their culture
- Demonstrated experience working in a high stress environment with persons experiencing crisis
The incumbent through their faith-based presence, will provide a refuge for all residents and staff by receiving them in a spirit of generous love and acceptance and by providing the kind of hospitality that will foster healing peace and a sense of hope. The Chaplain maintains a visible presence integrating spiritual care in an Institutional context. The Chaplain will organize spiritual activities within the Institution and maintains connections with the wider community by working with all denominations. The Chaplain is the resource to employees and their families.
Advertisement # 37260
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source