This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Charitable Services Clerk
(6XC) Grade 3
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA)
Charitable Services Department
Advertisement Number: 37896
Salary(s): (6XC) $44,181.00 – $53,013.00 per year
Closing Date: July 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming and cannabis industries. We license liquor sales, service and manufacturing; charitable gaming, gaming employees, products and operations; and retail cannabis stores. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial and balanced manner.
The LGCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Charitable Services Department which is part of the Operations Unit. This department provides a full range of regulatory services to charitable organizations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
The successful candidate must have:
- A high school diploma with 1-2 years’ experience working in an administrative or clerical role preferably in a public sector environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proficient computer skills including strong keyboarding and data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience performing preliminary reviews of applications and financial reports
- Experience assessing information and solving problems to make decisions according to established guidelines and accepted practices
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate with the public, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience interpreting policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, clients and stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Must be able to effectively manage and maintain confidentiality when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and specialized databases (e.g. the Regulatory Management System)
The following qualifications are desired:
- Training in administrative studies and accounting courses
- Knowledge of The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act and Regulations
- Proficiency in French
The role of the Charitable Services Clerk is to provide administrative and clerical support to the Charitable Services department and to review, process and approve non-contentious charitable applications and low risk financial report submissions. The incumbent is responsible for preparing general correspondence, system data maintenance, review all charitable applications and report submissions for accuracy and completeness. Incumbents in this position are also required to provide backup coverage to the LGCA Receptionist as needed.
- An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Applicants may be required to write a screening/selection test.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn.
- A positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process.
- Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Records Check must be produced and maintained.
- Extensive use of a computer (approx. 90%) and may sit for extended periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of objects (archive/supply boxes) weighing 7 to 10 kilograms.
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). The LGCA also has ergonomic workstations and free parking. Training, educational support and career development opportunities are also available.
Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other documents in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept .zip files or links to Google Docs, Dropbox or any cloud-based storage systems as a replacement for PDF documents.
Advertisement # 37896
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority
Human Resource Services
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 0Z6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source