CL3 Clerk 3
Public Guardian and Trustee, Consumer Protection Division
Advertisement Number: 37229
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: March 14, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) is a provincial government Special Operating Agency that manages and protects the affairs of Manitobans who are unable to do so themselves and have no one else willing or able to act. This includes mentally incompetent and vulnerable adults. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Extensive data entry experience
- Experience preparing and reconciling financial information, processing/coding invoices for payment
- Experience providing administrative/clerical support including but not limited to reception, preparing correspondence, completing forms/requests, assessing and responding to queries; and filing
- Experience transcribing hand written & voice recorded inventories to a client information record system
- Ability to pay attention to details and ensure the accuracy of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with the public, clients, government agencies and other related stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to exercise good judgement and made decisions under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and work under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer or equivalent software
Under the direction of the Manager, Investigation Services, the Chattel Clerk is expected to perform a variety of tasks including assisting in the administration of a client’s affairs and deceased estates by inputting all chattel data into the computer system, processing all Electronic Inspection Instruction Forms and providing clerical support directly to the Investigators, and indirectly to Adult Services and Deceased Estates Officers.
Advertisement # 37229
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source