EG5 Engineer 5
Department of Central Services
Capital Projects Planning and Delivery, Water Services Branch
Advertisement Number: 37504
Salary(s): EG5 $94,074.00 – $119,568.00 per year
Closing Date: May 4, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Manitoba Water Services Board (MWSB), a crown corporation, has been providing technical and financial assistance in the development of safe, affordable and sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure to rural Manitobans for over 60 years. MWSB programs and services are implemented by the Water Services Branch within Capital Projects Planning and Delivery Division of the Department of Central Services. The Chief Engineer is a technical expert, leader and participates as part of Branch’s management team responsible for effective and efficient delivery of MWSB’s Water and Sewer Capital Works Program to ensure the development of safe drinking water supply systems and environmentally sustainable wastewater systems for various water cooperatives and municipalities in rural Manitoba. The incumbent leads the Planning and Design Team and provides engineering expertise, guidance and supervision (direct and indirect) to engineers and related technical staff and is responsible for managing, providing sound leadership, planning, coordination, and financial accountability for the Branch and MWSB.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM) or with another provincial association of Professional Engineers with eligibility for registration with EGM within 3 months of start date.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout Manitoba.
- Must have the ability to work outdoors in periods of hot and cold weather conditions.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree registered as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (APEGM) with extensive experience relating to design, tendering and construction of water and sewer infrastructure including water treatment and wastewater treatment plants.
- Extensive experience in project management involving infrastructure development by overseeing and providing direction to engineering and/or technical personnel, meeting project schedules and budgets, adherence to contract requirements, and meeting client needs.
- Extensive knowledge of water treatment and wastewater treatment technologies including treatment processes, structural design, and mechanical and electrical components.
- Strong supervisory and leadership experience including previous experience planning, assigning, monitoring and supervising the work of other professional and technical subordinates. Possesses excellent team building skills.
- Knowledge of drinking water and wastewater regulations and standards, and workplace health and safety work practices.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to think critically, synthesize information and provide clear recommendations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Displays initiative and drive to independently manage projects and pursue new challenges and opportunities. Possess ability to keep current with advancing technological changes.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle conflicting priorities, deadlines and scheduling conflicts.
The Chief Engineer is responsible to deliver feasibility studies, preliminary designs, obtaining various licenses and permits, and detailed design, specifications and tender documents for the cost effective construction of water and sewer infrastructure. Procures consulting engineering services, produces engineering contracts and contract amendments, and negotiates fees as necessary considering project budget constraints. Ensures consulting engineering services and fees meet expectations. Provides project management services for complex projects meeting project deliverables within budget. Reviews and comments on design plans and tender documents for errors, omissions, and ensures plans meet project objectives and standard construction specifications. Resolves construction issues related to design, field conditions, and products with staff, specialists, and consultants. Liaises with all necessary stakeholders such as departments, municipalities, contractors, and consultants to ensure good working relationships. Reports on project status and budget cash flows, aids in the development of policy and operating protocols, and assists in implementing mandates.
Advertisement # 37504
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source