Child and Family Services Worker
SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Department of Families
Winnipeg Child and Family Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 38811
Salary(s): SP4 $56,040.00 – $77,714.00 per year
Closing Date: June 20, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition may also be used to appoint successful candidates to future term or regular appointments subject to staffing approval.
This position is designated to comply with the Public Health Orders related to COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirement.
This opportunity will be open until filled.
Winnipeg Child and Family Services (WCFS) provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection and family support services in Winnipeg in accordance with The Child and Family Services Act and The Adoption Act. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for various opportunities for a Child and Family Services Worker (case manager). Winnipeg Child and Family Services partners with community to provide supportive and preventive services to families; provides protection services to children at risk of abuse and neglect; develops and provides basic and specialized placement services to meet the needs of children in care; provides preservation and reunification services to families; and provides adoptive and post-adoptive services along with guardianship responsibilities to children, youth and families when reunification is no longer an option.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with vulnerable sector check), Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Prior Contact Check.
- Valid Driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within Winnipeg and surrounding areas.
- Post secondary degree in social sciences (Bachelor of Social Work Degree preferred). Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on an under fill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
- Case Management experience with an emphasis on working with children and families and includes assessment, service planning and follow up, evaluation, transfer and/or closure.
- Experience working in a a child and family services agency or social services agency.
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to assess children at risk of abuse and neglect.
- Excellent crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing workload demands and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with children, youth, families and service providers and manage conflict.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Work, Outlook and TEAMS).
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience writing clear, concise documents for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both official languages, English and French.
Reporting to the Unit Supervisor, the Child and Family Services Worker (case manager) is responsible for the full range of statutory child welfare services to families and children. The position establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals/families, and service providers often under difficult circumstances. This position requires effective case management skills incorporating sound clinical skills. A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 38811
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source