Child Care Coordinator
SP3 Social Services Worker 3
Department of Families
Early Learning and Child Care, Child and Youth Services
Beausejour MB, Eastman Region MB
Advertisement Number: 36497
Salary(s): SP3 $50,820.00 – $65,439.00 per year
Closing Date: October 9, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Bilingual candidates are preferred for this competition. Bilingual candidates under further consideration from the interview process will be required to undergo a French language skills assessment. However, some positions do not require bilingual French/English skills; therefore, candidates who do not fulfill the bilingual French/English requirement are encouraged to apply.
A 12-month eligibility list may be created from this competition for similar regular, term, full-time and/or part-time bilingual and non-French language designated positions within Early Learning and Child Care which will be located in one of these office locations:
- Eastman – St. Anne or St. Pierre, Beausejour
- Central – Portage La Prairie or Morden
- Westman/Parkland – Brandon or Dauphin
- Interlake – Selkirk
- Northern Region -Flin Flon/ The Pas or Thompson
The Child Care Coordinator is responsible for duties relating to the delivery of the Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care Program (MELCC), in the Child and Youth Services Division.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Records Check(with Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to travel on government business is required
- Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Developmental Studies and Early Childhood Educator III certification. Other suitable combinations of education may be considered at an underfill or commensurate classification and salary level
- Supervisory experience in a family child care setting, nursery school or child care centre
- Excellent observation skills in a child care setting
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with a variety of diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and policies
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations
- Basic understanding of Early Learning and Child Care Program in Manitoba
- Communicate fluently in both official languages, English & French
- The development, initial and annual re-licensing of facilities
- The ongoing monitoring and reporting regarding compliance with program legislation and policies
- Assessment and quality enhancement of facilities
- The development and delivery of child care resources and information to child care providers, parents and community groups
- The development of new child care facilities
- Budget development, coordination and administration of the Inclusion Support Program.
Advertisement # 36497
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source