Community Corrections, Community Safety Division
Advertisement Number: 36644
Salary(s): CL3 $21.79 – $25.00 per hour
Closing Date: October 2, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Community Corrections Branch of Manitoba Justice is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Clerk position located in Selkirk, MB.
Note: To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting 36644 and position title in the subject line.
See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check & Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience performing a full range of administrative or clerical duties, including preparing correspondence, data entry, reception and creating and maintaining electronic filing systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external agencies
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (including, Word, Excel and Outlook), or equivalent applications
- Experience with court related systems such as COMS and CCAIN
Under the direct supervision of the Area Director, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the daily administrative duties within the Selkirk Probation Office. Based on these duties, the incumbent is responsible to handle many tasks simultaneously and accurately while prioritizing. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is a necessary component for this position. The incumbent is required to work closely with the Probation Officers to ensure all aspects of the job are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Advertisement # 36644
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source