Clerk 3 (Multiple Positions, Open Until Filled)
CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Divisional Administration – FIN, Finance & Shared Services
Advertisement Number: 40521
Salary(s): CL3 $43,557.00 – $49,968.00 per year
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Some Clerk 3 positions are designated as bilingual. For these positions, the successful candidate must be able to read, write and verbally communicate in both official languages (English and French).
This competition will be used to fill multiple (full and some term) positions for the department of Environment, Climate and Parks and department of Natural Resources and Northern Development. The financial qualifications noted below are only required for the financial clerk positions. To be considered, you MUST submit an application form along with your resume. No cover letter required. Complete the application form at the link below.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check may be required for some positions
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s license
- Experience performing administrative and/or clerical duties which may include but are not limited to: reception, answering phones, records management, filing, data entry, etc.
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service to a diverse clientele
- Experience performing accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations and/or creating financial reports
- Ability to coordinate and support processing of financial and program paper and electronic documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare, edit and format correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to understand, explain and apply regulations, policies and/or procedures
- Experience working with SAP or an equivalent financial management software (Note: For financial clerk positions only)
These various clerk positions will provide clerical/administrative and/or financial support services which may include duties such as providing customer service to the public, reception, scheduling, processing applications, accounts payable or accounts receivable, time keeping, creating purchase orders, maintaining inventory and records management.
Advertisement # 40521
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source