CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Families
Property Services, Manitoba Housing
Advertisement Number: 40252
Salary(s): CL3 $43,557.00 – $49,968.00 per year
Closing Date: December 14, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar positions throughout Manitoba and will remain in effect for 6 months.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license with the ability to travel throughout Manitoba
- Experience providing clerical and administrative support in an office environment
- Experience providing superior customer service to the public in person and over the phone
- Experience in accounts receivable including receiving payments through various sources
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience maintaining accuracy and paying attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi task within a changing environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse background of people, and in a team environment
The clerk is responsible for providing day to day frontline customer service including administrative and general clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations. The Clerk will utilize established policies and procedures to complete their tasks. Responsibilities include: typing documents, receiving and verifying invoices, processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, collecting money and issuing receipts, verifying that transactions comply with Manitoba Housing policies and procedures, data entry, preparing reports, maintaining filing systems, greeting and assisting visitors, answering phones, directing calls and responding to inquiries.
Advertisement # 40252
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source