Requisition ID: 153761
Position Number: 20093034
Posting End Date: November 2, 2020
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Boundry Trails Health (Morden/Winkler)
Department / Unit: Boundary Lab Admin
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: CUPE 4214 DSM
Anticipated Start Date: 11/04/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $17.967, $18.506, $19.061, $19.633, $20.222, $20.829
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Reporting to the Supervisor or Charge Technologist, this individual as a member of the Diagnostic Services support team is responsible for accurate timely transcription of varied complicated medical reports and other clinical information. In addition, the individual will be expected to provide diversified clerical/secretarial, reception, scheduling and patient instruction functions and other duties as assigned. It will be expected that this employee will have knowledge of basic office equipment and its use, including transcription equipment, fax machines, photocopiers and computer equipment.
• Minimum of two-year hospital/medical clinic experience with work involving direct public contact and experience with diagnostic service information, i.e. ward clerk, health records clerk, or medical clinic reception/clerk.
• Recent experience with office equipment including transcription/dictation equipment, computers, fax machines, and copiers.
• Grade XII graduate as recognized in the Province of Manitoba.
• Completion of a recognized Secretarial/Business Office or Medical Stenographer/Transcription training program.
Qualifications and Skills
• Completion of a Medical Terminology Course or demonstrated comprehension, knowledge and competency of medical terminology essential.
• Computer training with knowledge of Windows environment and experience with MS Office Suite of applications.
• Knowledge of accounting process and mathematical skills an asset.
• Demonstrate typing speed 50 W.P.M.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
• Must be able to (with minimal supervision) deal with multiple tasks, make decisions and act independently.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Part-time
View original article here Source