Clerk and Administrative Assistant
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3; CL3 Clerk 3
Advertisement Number: 37456
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year ; CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: May 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
This is a general inventory competition for future Administrative Secretary 3 (AY3) and Clerk 3 (CL3) vacancies.
An eligibility list will be created for similar full-time term, full-time regular, part-time and temporary positions in Winnipeg.
This competition will be used to fill positions across the department of Manitoba Infrastructure all located in Winnipeg, MB. Manitoba Infrastructure is looking to recruit for a number of clerical positions across the department. If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
To be considered for this competition, you MUST submit an application form. See below further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience performing administrative/clerical duties such as providing reception, maintaining filing systems, sorting mail, operating office equipment and/or general office support.
- Experience handling and maintaining sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience entering data into computerized systems and databases.
- Experience maintaining accuracy and paying attention to detail.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external clients by phone, email and in person in a professional manner.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in high-pressure situations and competing priorities while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team.
- Strong written communication skills with experience proofreading, editing and creating letters and/or reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience in financial and accounting principles, preferably accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Exerience with SharePoint.
Various Administrative and/or Clerical duties dependant on organizational needs. To be assigned at time of offer.
Advertisement # 37456
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source