Clerk (Multiple Positions)- Open until filled
CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services; Department of Finance
Advertisement Number: 39585
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: August 18, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Preference will be given to internal candidates.
This advertisement will remain open until the position is filled and applications will be reviewed periodically.
The Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services and the Department of Fianance is looking to recruit for clerical positions in Winnipeg, MB. Positions include: one Accounts Payable Clerk, one District Clerk, one Registration Clerk, three Transactional Accounts Clerks, one Refund Administrator and one Bill Payment Clerk.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check may be required for some positions.
- Completion of a Business Administration and/or Accounting Diploma or Certificate. A combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience performing accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, creating financial reports and/or maintaining financial records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Effective written communication skills with experience drafting and editing correspondence or other communications..
- Effective verbal communication skills to clearly and professionally communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with interpreting and applying legislation, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of government policies, procedures and guidelines including the Financial Administration Manual (FAM), the General Manual of Administration (GMA) and Government Collective Agreements.
- Experience working with SAP (Financial Module) or an equivalent financial management software.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Services, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the review and payment of invoices, upload files, contracts including holdbacks, the posting of general ledger adjusting entries, entering deposits and reporting through SAP.
Reporting to the District Finance & Administration Officer, the District Clerk provides accounting functions, clerical & administration support to District One from the District office.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Registration Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to Inspection and Technical Services (ITS). The primary duties of this position is to review Quality Assurance and Canadian Registration Number applications for accuracy and completeness, coordinates services with clients, invoices and collects payments from clients.
Transactional Accounts Clerk
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Transactional Accounts Clerk is primarily responsible for departmental accounts payable and procurement/requisitioning, as well as supporting the preparation and analysis of corporate financial reporting requirements and providing interpretation and direction on the government financial process.
Reporting to Refund Supervisor, the Refund Administrator is responsible for verifying and processing refund applications under the statutes administered by the Taxation Division specifically: The Tobacco Tax Act, The Fuel Tax Act (specifically for gasoline, motive and IFTA Jurisdictions), The Retail Sales Tax Act and The Corporation Capital Tax Act and issuing payments under the Band Assessment Program.
Bill Payment Clerk
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Bill Payment Clerk receives, categorizes, organizes, investigates and pays large volume of invoices on behalf of the clients of The Public Guardian and Trustee; Ensures that the bills paid have been properly approved and accurately charged to the client account(s); as well as submiting medical expenses for reimbursement to clients from insurers. Timely accurate processing is a requirement of this position.
Applicants will be given consideration for all available positions.
Advertisement # 39585
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source