Clerk (Multiple Positions)
CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Economic Development and Training
Advanced Education and Skills
Selkirk MB, Brandon MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 36744
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for future regular and term positions in various locations throughout the Province, including, but not limited to Winnipeg, Selkirk, Brandon, and Swan River, and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition will be used to fill multiple clerical positions across the department of Manitoba Economic Development and Training in various locations including Winnipeg, Selkirk, and Brandon.
To be considered, candidates MUST submit an application form along with their resume. Please note in your application, what location(s) you are interested in applying for. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s license (for rural positions only)
- Must have the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba (for rural positions only)
- Experience performing administrative and/or clerical duties in an office environment
- Experience working with the public in a customer service oriented environment, providing service to a diverse clientele
- Experience performing accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations and/or creating financial reports (Note: Program Support Clerk Only)
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare, edit and format correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Experience working with SAP or an equivalent software
- Written communication skills in French
- Verbal communication skills in French
- Ability to interpret, explain and apply legislation, regulations, policies and/or procedures
Client Service Representative (Winnipeg):
The Client Service Representative’s (CSR) primary role is to provide direct client service to applicants of the Manitoba Student Aid Program (MSAP) and to process the information that is received from applicants and stakeholders. The CSR provides accurate information in response to individual requests about the MSAP and related services from the public, in-person, by email, website, or by telephone. This position involves extensive public contact and requires a friendly approach, the ability to empathize with clients and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
Public Response Officer (Winnipeg):
The Public Response Officer (PRO) is the first point of contact for all incoming telephone and email inquiries. The PRO provides information on a number of programs and services offered through the Division which include, Apprenticeship Manitoba, and Industry, Training and Employment Services. The incumbent will deal with diverse clients over the telephone and provides services to these clients in a timely, accurate and sensitive manner. The PRO also assists employers across the Province of Manitoba with the Job Bank for Employers and verifies, inputs, and monitors job orders.
Program Support Clerk (Winnipeg, Selkirk, and Brandon):
The Program Support Clerk (PSC) provides program, financial and administrative support service. The PSC provides customer service to diverse clientele and performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties including assessing, processing and completing client applications; receiving documents, processing accounts payable, processing client files, time keeping, creating purchase orders, requests for service, maintaining inventory and archiving lists.
Advertisement # 36744
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You must submit a resume but are not required to submit a cover letter, references, or other documentation. These documents may be required at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source