MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
November 3, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Climate Officer positions within our Energy, Infrastructure, and Resource Management Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
• Assist with overseeing and coordinating the assessment, implementation, management, of Community-Based Climate and Water Monitoring Programs;
• Facilitate Métis involvement in project, planning and decision-making consultation processes;
• Assist with planning community meetings and events;
• Attend and present information at community meetings and events;
• Create project budgets and work plans;
• Prepare correspondence including reports, letters, briefings and memorandums;
• Collaborate with the team to achieve project success;
• Assist in environmental monitoring initiatives as required;
• Assist in research to support programs, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in social or environmental sciences, or related discipline;
• Experience in project management;
• Experience in natural resource management social or environmental sciences or similar field is desired;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, and working knowledge of Geographical Information Systems is preferred;
• Experience with budgets, financials and reporting;
• Experience preparing correspondence and conducting research;
• Knowledge of the MMF’s 2007 Resolution #8 is preferred;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Experience working for a Government, not-for-profit organization and/or Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Red River Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, November 17, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source