Compensation and Labour Relations Assistant
CL3 Clerk 3
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Labour Relations Division
Advertisement Number: 35554
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: September 24, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
A 12-month eligibility list to appoint successful candidate(s) to regular, term or acting status opportunities may be established.
The Labour Relations Division is composed of two branches, the Compensation Services Branch and the Negotiation Services Branch. The Division is reponsible for strategic labour relations advice and expertise to government, the negotiation of collective agreements, contract administration, classification and benefits administration, public sector compensation co-ordination, and research and consultative services. The Labour Relations Division provides services and support within and outside the civil service, including Treasury Board, government negotiators, human resource practitioners, department management and external public sector organizations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Experience providing administrative support including providing reception duties, maintaining document tracking systems, files and filing systems
- Experience using SAP
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication skills with experience proof-reading, editing and formatting correspondence and reports with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and staff over the telephone and in person
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be proactive
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; and experience using AIMS
Reporting to the Director of Public Sector Compensation, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Compensation Services Branch and the Negotiation Services Branch. Duties include reception; document tracking, prioritization and follow-up; coordination of meetings; maintaining records and files; and other general office duties.
Advertisement # 35554
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
View original article here Source