TX2 Tax Auditor 2
Department of Finance
Manitoba Securities Commission, Manitoba Financial Services Agency
Advertisement Number: 38312
Salary(s): TX2 $71,189.00 – $86,244.00 per year
Closing Date: December 31, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
The Manitoba Securities Commission acts in the public interest to protect Manitoba investors and to facilitate the raising of capital while maintaining fairness and integrity in the securities marketplace. Similarly, its real estate industry mandate is to regulate brokers, salespeople and mortgage brokers to ensure adequate standards are maintained for the protection of the public.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the US
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant in good standing. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Audit experience including performing comprehensive financial, compliance and/or operational audits
- Experience in applying Canadian auditing standards and accounting principles and practices
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to compose a variety of documents
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective time management skills including managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in interpreting, explaining and applying legislation and regulations in a regulatory environment
- Understanding of the operations of the securities and futures market
- Completion of securities industry courses such as The Canadian Securities Course
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Compliance and Oversight, the Compliance Auditor is responsible for auditing registrants under The Securities Act and The Commodity Futures Act with the goal of ensuring they comply with applicable legislation and policies. With limited involvement from the Deputy Director, the Compliance Auditor is required to complete the audits and finalize results, and assists in the administration of the ongoing oversight of recognized self-regulatory organizations (SROs) and other entities regulated or subject to oversight by the Commission.
Advertisement # 38312
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source