At Nelson River Construction, you become part of a team that is not just committed, but also enthusiastic about road building and repairing construction projects. We employ people who are passionate about their work and seek career challenges and advancement.
Nelson River is currently looking for additional labourers for our Highway #59 jobsite from St. Malo to the US Border. Applicants must be local or willing to stay at our camp set-up in Grunthal, Manitoba. Accommodations include; single room, washroom/shower facilities, laundry facilities, and 3 meals per day
• Execute the daily plan and work sequence under the direction of the Supervision, completing construction work in an effective safety-conscious manner;
• Operate small equipment including plate packers, tail-end of asphalt spreader and tools etc, training will be provided as necessary;
• Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite;
• Using a rake or shovel, spread gravel and other construction materials over road surfaces, building or decreasing slopes or leveling asphalt to fine grade specifications;
• Ensure worksite is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage;
• Shovel asphalt mix into areas inaccessible to paving machines, and compact mix using rakes and hand tampers;
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment;
• Fuel, lubricate, clean and maintain equipment;
• Perform miscellaneous activities throughout the day, as directed;
• Good attitude, common sense, the ability to follow directions, hard work and dependability;
• Have strong logical/critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Class 5 Driver’s License;
• Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis;
• Must have a strong work ethic, ensuring commitment to the team and the company;
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed;
• Ability to safely operate equipment would be an asset;
• Familiar with construction methods, tools and materials.
• Punctual and able to work full time, overtime, and occasional weekends
• Working in inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
• Willing to work out of town and in remote locations in a camp environment, as required. Those not local to the area have the opportunity to stay at our camp
Nelson River Construction offers great growth opportunities and excellent wages and benefits. We offered paid orientation and training. If you are interested in becoming part of a strong team, and a leader in the construction industry, please forward your resume.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Must present a current Drivers Abstract to the job interview.
View original article here Source