Construction Site Coordinator – Manitoba
We are currently seeking a full time Site Coordinator to join our PTC Construction team in Manitoba. The Site Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the provision of safe and efficient security and monitoring on or around construction sites according to applicable safety standards and regulations. He or she may be tasked with using traffic control signals and signage and communicating effectively with other members of the project stakeholders and work crew to reduce and/or eliminate risks associated with the construction site. The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual with strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones;
• Review the work site on a daily basis and consult with Site Supervisor to understand work being conducted and potential hazards;
• Perform job site field level hazard assessments;
• Conduct site orientations and manage list of tradespeople on site at any given time;
• Assist site supervisor and staff with managing a clean and tidy work space;
• Review and understand the type of equipment that will be used on job site;
• Review worksite conditions (alert for emergency vehicles, traffic flow & road usage at all times);
• Ensure clean, visible, and safe condition of all protective materials; other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
• Certificate of Apprenticeship, Construction Laborer or knowledge of construction industry;
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures;
• First Aid and CPR certified preferred;
• Effective communication and time management skills;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license;
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools required in various construction processes;
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
• Competitive compensation;
• Paid orientation;
• Bi-Weekly pay.
A background check consisting of criminal record and professional references will be conducted. The successful applicant will be required to pass the background check to the satisfaction of PGF prior to offer of employment.
PTC Construction, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, is a leader in Agricultural Engineering with a wide range of experience in the construction of grain and fertilizer handling facilities. We are a fully integrated design-builder managing all project stages including design, construction, and equipment installation.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source