Continuous Improvement Analyst
MB1 Management Analyst 1
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Projects Centre of Excellence, Infrastructure, Capital Projects
Advertisement Number: 39036
Salary(s): MB1 $48,266.00 – $66,669.00 per year
Closing Date: October 2, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Note: Candidate must submit a resume and cover letter and clearly indicate how they meet the full qualifications of the position.
One of five branches within Infrastructure, Capital Projects division, the Projects Centre of Excellence branch drives the development of department standards, the implementation of leading best management practices and programs in investment and project management. The branch is also responsible for developing, coordinating, communicating and delivering employee development programs, initiatives and solutions.
The Continuous Improvement Analyst ensures continuous improvement techniques, tools and resources are developed and available for employees to maximize program efficiency and delivery.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work extended hours occasionally.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Project Management, change management, Science, Engineering, Public or Business Administration. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience engaging stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities for improvement, including applying lean transformation framework concepts.
- Experience leading or supporting project management activities.
- Change management experience supporting organizational change management activities and leveraging opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- Experience supporting the development of business process documentation and process mapping including creating templates and flow diagrams to streamline and standardize processes and facilitating process mapping sessions.
- Effective interpersonal skills with experience establishing collaborative, client-focused relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Research and analytical skills with experience gathering and analyzing information, identifying trends and providing creative and strategic options to complex issues.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to draft clear and concise written communication for a variety of audiences
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Lean certification, innovation engineering qualification or equivalent certification in quality processes.
The Continuous Improvement Analyst provides support to the Continuous Improvement Lead by assisting in the design and development of operational processes, templates, and best practices. This position will work closely with the Continuous Improvement Lead to review current processes and procedures and develop new innovative methods to define and improve processes that ensure departmental priorities are accomplished in the most efficient way. Work can include process mapping and definition, research, data and systems analysis, project management and change management activities.
This position is involved in updating department processes and standards based on lessons learned and identifying training and communication needs to ensure employees have a working knowledge of relevant procedural changes.
Advertisement # 39036
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source