Continuous Improvement Specialist – Lean Manufacturing – Winnipeg, MB
We are currently seeking a highly resourceful, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Continuous Improvement Specialist at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB, reporting to the CFO. As a key component in the company’s continued growth and success, the Specialist will lead the planning, direction & coordination of manufacturing techniques and provide justification for alternate methods to reduce costs. This individual would conduct cycle time analysis to verify current production rates and target potential improvements. This person would also work with the production teams to improve the working environment & product throughput and increase Company awareness for lean manufacturing/continuous improvement. He/she would serve as a change agent and drive a business transformation plan which would result in waste elimination and improve manufacturing processes. This role is best suited for a leader that is strategic, highly adaptable, innovative and committed to organizational growth/awareness.
• Present ideas/plans for continuous improvement, providing data and/or metrics to support initiatives;
• Develop/provide access to any needed forms prior to implementation of the Lean manufacturing process;
• Schedule meetings and gain the support of supervisors and managers prior to the implementation of the plan. Train supervisors to be able to answer any questions posed about the new processes;
• Liaise with the Company accounting department to assist in the development of cost cutting strategies;
• Implement value stream mapping and production cell evaluation; generate metrics from their results;
• Continually strive to improve and reduce manufacturing lead times and improve inventory turns;
• Promote and facilitate workflow analysis and set out the standards for the employees in order to achieve the target goals; perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Continuous Improvement Specialist;
• Black Belt in Lean or Six Sigma strongly preferred; Degree in Business or Engineering strongly preferred;
• Expertise in Lean Manufacturing Techniques and training in Change management preferred;
• Experience of taking at least one project through manufacturing launch plus at least one year of subsequent production; proven ability to create and execute project plans that have identified targets;
• The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks;
• Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis;
• Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques; High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic;
• Strong verbal, written communication skills; conviction to support improvement in the company;
• Mathematically proficient with experience using excel for analysis and modelling;
• Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations; ability to work independently/self-directed.
• Some travel, overtime and weekend work may be required;
• Ability to attend and conduct presentations; Ability to physically implement designs;
• May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing and be required to use PPE.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/.
Paterson GlobalFoods (PGF) is a private, family owned, agri-food business with a long standing history deeply rooted in Canadian agriculture. PGF operates multiple subsidiaries and divisions within the grain, food and transportation industries fulfilling the global demand for high quality food products and commodities.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source