Contract Manager, Complex Procurement / Contracted
PA3 Purchasing Agent 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Procurement and Supply Chain Division / Contracted Programs Management Office
Advertisement Number: 40060
Salary(s): PA3 $63,907.00 – $77,109.00 per year
Closing Date: November 6, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Contract Manager will lead and manage complex, critical, pan-government contracts or programs and service provider activities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Bachelor’s Degree or completion of a professional procurement designation, project management certification or post-secondary education in business. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in managing, planning, developing and executing high value, multi-stage and complex contracts and programs.
- Experience in managing, planning and controlling high value budgets that impact several service areas.
- Experience with project management tools and ability to techniques to plan and manage projects.
- Understanding of different methods of service provider relationship management and the ability to identify and implement the most appropriate approach.
- Advanced ability to negotiate with service providers.
- Awareness of public procurement best practices, legislation, regulations and trade agreements.
- Knowledge of process improvement, including continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience of change management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong political acumen skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Director, Contracted Programs Management Office, the Contract Manager’s key responsibilities are to execute, lead and manage complex, high value pan-government contracts including managing any changes to the contracted agreement or statement of work; facilitate complex procurement strategies that support Manitoba’s program and transformation objectives; align contract and program strategies to applicable process and policy or make recommendations to address gaps in current state and program needs; collaborate with departments to support operational requirements to mitigate risk, create value and drive improvements; coordinate complex contract activities including governance with internal stakeholders and service providers and develop and implement appropriate supplier relationship methodologies as appropriate.
Advertisement # 40060
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source