PA2 Purchasing Agent 2
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Financial Services, Finance and Shared Services
Advertisement Number: 39861
Salary(s): PA2 $59,576.00 – $71,435.00 per year
Closing Date: November 1, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions within the province and may remain in effect for 12 months.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Public Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post secondary degree or certificate in contract management or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Experience preparing and issuing public tenders including evaluating and awarding contracts.
- Experience administering contracts.
- Knowledge of procurement, insurance and risk management processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to compose clear and concise documents.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience using databases with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Experience using SAP.
This is a highly responsible position, which involves complex administrative work of a semi-professional nature that relates to contracts and grants. The incumbent works as part of a team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Contract Management Unit in accordance with the Government Purchases Act, the General Manual of Administration, and established policies, procedures, and guidelines. This position is responsible for assisting departmental staff in the tendering process and prepares purchase orders for the department’s contractual obligations in accordance with Treasury Board Guidelines. This position also prepares reports of a complex nature for the department and assists with the review of systems and procedures to accommodate new or additional work or to provide improved efficiency within the unit.
Advertisement # 39861
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source