TE1 Technical Engineering Officer 1
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Tendering and Contracts Branch, Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division
Advertisement Number: 38776
Salary(s): TE1 $58,101.00 – $69,788.00 per year
Closing Date: May 31, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Tendering and Contracts branch specializes in tendering, procurement and contract services of large construction, maintenance and materials contracts as well as consulting and professional services. Establishes standard tendering and construction specifications and policies, shepherds contract negotiations and provides contract claim services to ensure the integrity, effectiveness, consistency and timely delivery of the capital, preservation and maintenance programs for Infrastructure.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work unscheduled overtime and extended hours.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or completion of the department of Transportation and Infrastructure Level 3 training program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in preparing tender, contract documents or project estimates for civil infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge on the sequencing of civil construction work which may include design, drawing preparation, environmental and utility requirements, construction contract administration, project coordination and tendering of Civil Infrastructure Projects.
- Experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or registered with Certified Technicians and Technologist Association of Manitoba (CTTAM).
- Experience using Contract Management System (CMS) and online procurement service provider (for example: MERX).
The Contract Technician reports to the Senior Contract Technician and is a senior technical expert in procurement and contracting for the Transportation Operations Division (TO) and Engineering & Technical Services Division (ETS) of the Department. In addition, the Contract Technician is a technical expert in the delivery of construction services, including methodology and specifications. As a member of the Tendering & Contracts Branch, the Contract Technician provides province-wide service and support for the procurement and contracting of construction services for the largest heavy civil engineering infrastructure projects delivered by TO and ETS.
Advertisement # 38776
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source