CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Central Services
Project Management Office, Capital Projects Planning and Delivery
Advertisement Number: 38365
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $48,228.00 per year
Closing Date: December 2, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Reporting to the Procurement Facilitator, this position is responsible for providing clerical and administrative duties in a team environment for the Procurement team within Capital Projects Planning and Delivery.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to produce and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Experience providing administrative/secretarial/clerical support to senior management including managing correspondences, preparing administrative reports in excel and records management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with team members as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive material.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative and perform tasks independently while working under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience reviewing and formatting correspondence.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Experience creating, maintaining, or amending purchase orders within some ERP system.
The Procurement Facilitator responsible for:
- Create, maintain and amend purchase orders and ensuring all necessary information is accurately, clearly and distinctly incorporated.
- Post tenders and amendments, and download bids from MERX.
- Track and request updated project insurance.
- Assist Contract Administrators with file management.
- Clerical/ Administrative duties include:
- Manage procurement filing system, archive records, prepare spreadsheets, correspondence, memos, and letters, copy, scan and bind documents.
- Process incoming mail and documents, out-going mail, interdepartmental mail, and courier services.
- Schedule and arrange meetings.
- Attend and record meeting minutes.
- Prepare and maintain templates in word and excel.
- Update and maintain SharePoint sites.
- Contact external sources for reference checks.
Advertisement # 38365
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source