Coordinator Systems Administration & Support
SL2 Systems Analyst 2
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Services Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 36648
Salary(s): SL2 $49,741.00 – $59,557.00 per year
Closing Date: November 10, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
Consider this excellent opportunity with the Manitoba government at the Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg in the City of Portage la Prairie. The Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), a branch of the Department of Families, is an accredited facility providing residential care, supervision and developmental habilitation for adults with intellectual disabilities. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure that every individual’s needs are met and that his/her quality of life is enhanced. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Proficient in operating systems and software applications within a networked environment. This includes, but is not limited to, developing databases and reports in a variety of applications such as a report writing software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Extensive experience in operating, setting up and troubleshooting the following: computers, printers, projectors, scanners, video conferencing, PBX telephone systems and other office equipment as well as other technical devices or apparatuses necessary to perform the job
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with electronic health records, finance, and/or staff development databases
- Knowledge of legislation governing vulnerable persons, e.g. Personal Health Information Act, Vulnerable Persons Living With A Mental Disability Act
- Certificate / diploma related to Information Technology or Computer Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Reporting to the Policy Analyst, the incumbent co-ordinates the Centre’s information systems requirements; performs system administration functions; assists with the evaluation, implementation, integration and ongoing support of new and existing hardware/software; and facilitates staff learning and utilization of hardware/software. The incumbent also leads, co-ordinates and/or facilitates information technology/systems projects as may be required to address the Centre’s needs and participates on various committees as may be assigned. The incumbent works closely with and seeks technical guidance from Business Transformation & Technology.
Advertisement # 36648
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source