Department of Education
Learning and Outcomes, Student Achievement and Inclusion
Advertisement Number: 37166
Salary(s): PCD $78,111.00 – $104,249.00 per year
Closing Date: March 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted or cancelled.
The Department of Education is seeking qualified individuals to fill several positions within the Learnings and Outcomes Branch. The coordinator would be responsible for one of the following units: Curriculum Development and Implementation, Professional Learning, Provincial Assessment and Reporting, Skills Technology and Career Development, Online and Distributed Learning.
The Manitoba government is committed to improving educational outcomes and launched a Commission on K-12 Education to advance this goal. The education system is currently focused on innovation to address the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring continuity of high-quality learning for all students across Manitoba.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate * Please note some position may not require a Teaching Certificate*
- Must have a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have the ability to travel within Manitoba, Canada and internationally as required
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Post-secondary education, preferably at the Master’s level, in education or related field or a combination of related education and experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of Manitoba’s education system, including curriculum, assessment, and professional learning.
- Experience providing leadership in the design and implementation of policies and programs, such as K-12 education policy, curriculum development, professional learning and assessment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to encourage innovation, lead staff and teams towards results, execute change initiatives, and effectively manage resources and functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders and partners in a diplomatic and sensitive manner
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to write politically sensitive materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills, managing multiple priorities and meeting strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with ability to take action to strategically align and execute the goals of the department.
- Strong political acumen with the ability to act with diplomacy and tact
- Experience in strategic and project planning related to complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Financial management experience including experience managing a budget
- Bilingual (French) oral and written communication
The coordinators are responsible for individual units within the Learning and Outcomes Branch. The Branch is responsible for developing education policy for the K-12 including Technical Vocational Education and Career Development programs. This includes policy direction, accountability and support for curriculum development and implementation, classroom assessment, online and distributed learning as well as educator professional learning. LOB is also responsible for the oversight and accountability of provincial assessments and reporting. The Branch researches best practices in education, develops and implements education policy/standards, evaluates progress, monitors and evaluates grants, measures and reports on student outcomes, and provides leadership to schools and school divisions.
Advertisement # 37166
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source