A Core Technician is required to log drill core for Our Client’s Base Metals, located in Thompson, Manitoba.
The work is scheduled to start as soon as possible at the earliest and is a one year contract.
Seeking a dependable and self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment to provide exploration services including manual, technical, and/or administrative assistance. This position will work with senior and junior exploration staff supporting exploration activities as well as health, safety, and environmental responsibilities.
The position is a Monday-Friday 8 hours per day, dayshift only (subject to change) Located on site in Thompson, Manitoba
• Conduct geological and geotechnical core logging following established procedures. Including (sampling/cutting/dumping/storage)
• Operate and assist in the basic maintenance of equipment (vehicles, core saw, rock saw, UTV, computers, computer peripherals, printers, etc.)
• Participate in all pre-operating inspections, workplace inspections, contractor engagement meeting, toolbox meetings and safety meetings.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
• Follow Safety policies, procedures, best practices and government regulations at all times.
Training – Education – Skills:
• University Degree in Geology/Environmental/Geography would be an asset.
• Minimum High School
• Self-motivated, Safety-conscious, Flexible, Dependable and pays strict attention to detail.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License mandatory. Working conditions:
• This position includes regular periods during which there is continuous physical activity (e.g. walking, standing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (50lbs))
• Frequent exposures to factors such as temperature variations, moving machinery, noise, humidity.
• Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses at a time.
• Tasks can be very repetitive and work environment unchanging.
• There may be noticeable pressure from deadlines, production requirements, accuracy or similar demands.
• Ability to lift and manipulate core boxes that can weigh 40-50 pounds. Completion of the following preferred:
• First Aid/CPR/AED
• Additional training will be provided as required
Work Site and Schedule
• Work Site is Thompson Manitoba
• Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
Job type: Contract
View original article here Source