Corporate Records and Reporting Specialist/Coordinator – Safety and Programming
AO1 Administrative Officer
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Issues Management/Health & Safety Branch, Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 40038
Salary(s): AO1 $51,614.00 – $60,597.00 per year
Closing Date: November 6, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
A 12 month eligibility list may be created from this competition for similar regular, term and full-time or part-time positions.
Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure department ensures safe, reliable and sustainable infrastructure and services for Manitoba and its communities. The Department is seeking to fill full-time regular positions within the Corporate Services and Emergency Management divisions. An eligibility list may be created to fill similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months. We encourage all those interested to apply.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in public/business administration, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in office administration policies and procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills including experience writing a variety of clear and concise documents and reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster positive relationships, work co-operatively and effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience handling highly sensitive material and information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Knowledge and understanding in the management of FIPPA.
- Experience working with the safety committees and conducting accident/incident investigations.
- Knowledge and understanding of WHMIS 2015 and various safety acts and regulations.
The incumbent within Issues Management Branch will report to the Director, the incumbent’s responsibilities include records management and an administrative role to coordinate, direct and manage administrative operations of the branch. The incumbent works with senior and executive management offices to coordinate administrative processes and functions that affect the entire department at the executive level, as related to branch systems and responsibilities. The position will oversee the overall direction of the preparation of records schedules for the Archivist of Manitoba, implement the review of all work place documents in accordance with the schedules, and ensure department compliance to The Archives and Recordkeeping Act (the ARA Act) and record keeping standards. Ensures timely reporting to the executive based on departmental objectives as set by the executive management, as aligned to The Financial Administration Act.
The incumbent within Health and Safety will report to Manager of the Safety & Risk Control, incumbent is responsible for coordinating the department’s WHMIS program, the incident investigation program and the Safety & Health Committee program. The incumbent will complete the program summary reports, audit source document(s), Manitoba Labor and Regulatory Services program reports and research, development, delivery, and coordination of related unit programming.
Advertisement # 40038
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source