Correctional Officer (AMENDED)
OC1 Correctional Officer 1
Custody Corrections, Community Safety Division
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 36717
Salary(s): OC1 $27.58 – $34.35 per hour Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: November 20, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates must apply with a cover letter and resumé. Candidates may be invited to participate in a tour and interview process. The Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and confirmation of full class 5 (5F) Manitoba Driver’s Licence are mandatory and must be submitted prior to interviews.
For selected candidates, a mandatory unpaid training program of approximately eight weeks (full days Monday to Friday) is required. Following successful completion of the training program, you will be hired as a part-time term Correctional Officer at The Pas Correctional Center. Permanent full-time positions are subsequently filled with part-time term employees. Minimum of Emergency First Aid / CPR (Level C) certificate and a medical fitness report are required prior to starting training.
We are currently recruiting to fill our spring 2021 class to be held in The Pas, MB.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Security Check, Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Medical Fitness Report
- A full class 5 (5F) Manitoba Driver’s License
- Minimum of Emergency First Aid / CPR (Level C) Certificate
- The ability to work extended and flexible hours including shift work and short notice call ins is required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to manage stress
- Effective problem solving, decision making and sound judgment skills
- Post secondary education with directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to adapt to change
- Experience working with Indigenous people and understanding of Indigenous culture / spirituality
- Ability to interact with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Please visit the following link below for additional details regarding duties and the recruitment process:
Applicants may choose to attend information sessions being held on the following dates, locations and times:
The Pas, MB:
November 4, 2020
WEST The Pas in Mary Duncan School
60-3rd Street West
2:00 pm and 7:00 pm
*COVID 19 SEATING IS LIMITED TO 10 FOR EACH SESSION, PLEASE BOOK AHEAD.
Advertisement # 36717
Manitoba Justice HR – Corrections
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source