PY3 Psychologist 3
Headingley Correctional Centre, Correctional Services Division
Advertisement Number: 39120
Salary(s): PY3 $3,374.88 – $4,527.93 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 8, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates that do not meet the full qualifications may be considered for the position on an under fill basis at a commensurate rate of pay and with a developmental plan.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE to access the application screening form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- Psychology degree at the Doctorate level (PhD or PsyD) with appropriate supervised clinical experience or an equivalent combination of education (i.e a Masters in Psychology) and experience may be considered
- Working knowledge of evidence based treatment utilized by psychologists
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain program integrity and consultative capacity
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment delivering psychological services including but not limited to individualized treatments and therapeutic techniques
- Strong teamwork experience with the ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external agencies
- Knowledge of the psychology of criminal conduct
- Experience working in a forensic setting
Provides therapeutic programming and collaborative behavioural support (i.e., individual and group therapy, behaviour interventions, treatment, etc.) to offenders throughout the Centre, as determined by assessment results or referral and treatment plans. Co-facilitates therapeutic programming with program staff as assigned. Provides consultation to staff regarding assessments, treatment planning, delivery of interventions, release planning and case management provided to offenders. Provides clinical supervision and guidance to program staff delivering therapeutic programs when assigned. Consults with staff and senior management on matters pertaining to psychological services. Develops and delivers relevant training to staff. Administers, scores and interprets routine and complex psychological examinations and assessments to diagnose the need for interventions. Provides supervision to other staff who may also conduct assessments. Ensures professional standards are met by staying abreast of the professional literature, attending training sessions, conferences etc. Participates in approved research projects. Other duties relative to psychological / forensic services which may be assigned from time to time.
Advertisement # 39120
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source