AY4 Administrative Secretary 4
Term until March 31, 2023 with possibility of extension
Department of Seniors and Long-Term Care
Advertisement Number: 40210
Salary(s): AY4 $48,777.00 – $55,567.00 per year
Closing Date: December 1, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to future acting status, term or regular appointments. Where established, an eligibility list will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based on operational requirements.
The Manitoba government provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for its employees which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government is also committed to supporting the development of its employees through training and career development opportunities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing administrative support to senior or executive level staff
- Experience setting up and maintaining files, filing systems and document tracking systems.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to draft, proofread and edit various correspondence, including letters, memos, reports and authority seeking documents with strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff over the telephone and in person.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to effectively manage tight deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with the public and staff, and build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to display initiative and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Completion of post-secondary education in office administration.
The Correspondence Secretary provides specialized, confidential administrative support to senior leadership. Working in a fast-paced environment, the incumbent is responsible for receiving general inquiries from the public, coordinating incoming and outgoing correspondence and providing general administrative support to the office. Working with complex filing systems, the incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that files are appropriately maintained to ensure actions and responses are carried out in a timely manner.
Advertisement # 40210
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source