COST ACCOUNTANT (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have strong analytical abilities? This top Manitoba company is looking for an exceptional, hands-on cost accountant to join their team. In this role, you will work closely with the finance and operations departments to deliver value-added reporting, analysis and costing support. With excellent communication skills, the Cost Accountant will also help to improve current processes and optimize inventory control. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Complete regular inventory counts and valuations
* Prepare and analyze cost reports related to inventory, sold goods and goods in production
* Review and improve accounting and inventory systems and processes
* Implement and maintain standard costing procedures related to forecasting, reporting and analysis of materials, labor and overhead
* Complete ad-hoc analyses
* Perform other duties as required
* 2+ years of cost accounting experience, including strong knowledge of inventory costing
* Advanced MS Excel skills and ERP experience
* Outstanding analytical abilities and a knack for identifying system and process improvements
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the big picture
* Excellent communication skills
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) to Lillian Goossen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW:
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a recruitment firm dedicated solely to the accounting and finance sector in Manitoba, Accountants Now can help. Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source