CC5 Clerk of Court 5
Regional Courts, Courts
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 36820
Salary(s): CC5 $54,318.00 – $65,118.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: November 20, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfilled basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), quoting 36820 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form .
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- The ability to work overtime as necessary with little notice
- Ability to travel to other court centers and circuit court locations by car, airplane and other means of transportation with the possibility of overnight stays
- Possess a valid Manitoba Class 5F Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
- Experience performing administrative or clerical duties preferably in a legal or court related environment
- Experience working with and processing complex documentation
- Experience interpreting and applying policies or legislation
- Experience providing leadership in a team-based environment including presenting and acting as a positive role model
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills using sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet workload demands or deadlines
- Experience working with confidential information and using discretion when handling private and sensitive material
- Experience working independently with a strong ability to take initiative under minimum supervision
- Ability to resolve conflict using effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall administration and supervision of a regional court office, including receiving payments into court and preparing daily and month-end accounting procedures. The incumbent also holds the designation of a Deputy Registrar and Staff Justice of the Peace. As a Deputy Registrar, the incumbent will review and process documents under the Queen’s Bench Rules, various federal / provincial Statutes / Acts and Regulations, register and issue all court pleadings and processes in all divisions of the Court and enter relevant information on the Registry system according to a standards manual. As a Staff Justice of the Peace, duties include: receiving information, issuing process and determining issuance of subpoenas, assuring the accuracy and completeness of court issued documents, reviewing and signing court orders for offenders, applicants and respondents, explaining court procedures and preventative justice programs to the public. As Clerk of Court, the incumbent must prepare dockets and documents arising from the proceedings, attend Provincial Court to clerk, and monitor and maintain a record of proceedings for all matters before the court.
Advertisement # 36820
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source