Court Clerk Monitor
CC1-2 Clerk of Court 1-2
(with a possibility of becoming regular)
Manitoba Court Operation, Courts
Advertisement Number: 37590
Salary(s): CC1-2 $1,572.25 – $1,939.38 bi-weekly
Closing Date: June 6, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future appointments in surrounding areas, subject to staffing approval.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 37590 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the Application Form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- A valid Manitoba Class 5F Driver’s license (desired)
- Ability to travel to various court locations by car or air
- Ability to lift and transport related equipment weighing up to 14 kgs./30 lbs
- Ability to work overtime as necessary with little notice
- Experience performing clerical and administrative duties including data entry, handling inquiries on the phone/in-person, and preparing/processing complex detailed documentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks in pressure situations with strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision using effective decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) or equivalent programs
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to project vocally without error
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working in a court or related legal environment which may include working with courtroom documentation, procedures and processes
- Completion of a recognized legal or administrative assistant program, other related post-secondary education or related training
The incumbent will be required to perform duties as a Court Clerk Monitor attending Provincial and Queen’s Bench criminal, family and civil court sittings. Duties include: monitoring court proceedings using digital recording software, accurate logging of court proceedings, marking and recording exhibits, reading charges, administering oaths to witnesses, maintaining order in the courtroom, completing court dispositions and all related paperwork verbatim, and performing other pre and post court related duties. The incumbent is expected to maintain discretion at all times with the ability to handle sensitive and graphic evidence and submissions during court hearings. The incumbent will also assist the judiciary, members of the legal profession, police and public as required.
Advertisement # 37590
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source